Today, every company needs to plan targeted and strategic corporate events to thrive successfully. These could be seminars, conferences, product launches, or team building activities. Such events help any kind of business to expand their reach, improve their services, and strengthen their workforce. If you have planned a corporate event before, you will know that it’s no joke. A successful corporate event involves proper resource management and planning.
These days, it is a common misconception that business owners have regarding event management that it comes with huge expenses, and ends up draining a company’s resources. Probably for every event planner, the high priority remains to coordinate an event that is both memorable and successful within a small budget.
A good rule of thumb for you when you plan a corporate event is to give yourself sufficient time to research a wide variety of options. You will find out that you can host a magnificent event without worrying about breaking the bank.
The following are three tips on how you can plan a successful corporate event on a tight budget.
1. Choose the Right Venue
Selecting a venue is one of the most crucial decisions you will make when you plan a corporate event. You can either seek the assistance of an expert event planner like Let’s Celebrate Events, who can guide you on how to choose the perfect venue. Of course, the cost is most likely going to be your number one concern, especially when you have to stick to the confines of a tight budget. If your budget is a small one, you could consider hosting the event at your corporate headquarters. If this is not a suitable option, then you should consider other aspects when it’s time to select a venue. You should consider things like the number of attendees, the safety, the type of event, and the comfort of your guests.
Apart from the cost, you should consider a few other details for your corporate event.
- Location: it is advisable that you choose a location that is convenient for all your guests to find. If the attendees are coming from another town, you should choose a location that is easy to get to via public transportation. Also, choose one that is situated in a safe location.
- Capacity: you should consider choosing a venue that is large enough to accommodate your number of guests, and it should also have enough space for them to mingle and mix.
- Amenities and Services: consider choosing a venue that is fully equipped with a kitchen, furniture, and it should be centrally cooled to keep guests comfortable.
2. A Suitable Theme for the Objective of Your Corporate Event
It is best that you determine the purpose of your corporate event. Figure out what you wish to achieve from the event. Usually, corporate events take place for the purpose of training employees, or to show client or employee appreciation, to celebrate the corporate achievement, to motivate employees, and for social reasons. Once you are able to determine the purpose of the event, you can go on to select the theme for the venue.
When it comes to selecting a theme in a tight budget, you can consult with your corporate event decorator to give you some suggestions on the theme that would fit in your budget. Choosing an appropriate and workable theme is important when you plan a corporate event for two precise reasons:
- The right theme appeals to the event attendees and gives them a sense of consistency and structure.
- You should have a theme that works with you helps to keep you organized and simplifies all the planning for the event including the decorations, venue, menu, etc.
3. Budget Early
It is advisable that you begin planning your corporate event early as this helps you to budget properly. You should account for every detail that will need resources and your attention. According to priority, you should allocate your budget and the amount you have available. Remember that every cost has to add up, including small costs. You should keep all your expenses in check. Beware of hidden costs, check service charges, taxes and make sure that you set up an estimate of the budget before time.
When planning a corporate event on a small or tight budget, it is important that you stick to your budget. You need to try to maximize the utility and accept whatever help you can get. Contrary to the belief that hiring an event planner will shoot up your costs, hiring one helps to cut down costs. If you are planning to host a corporate event and want it to be a memorable one, you should think about hiring one today in Atlanta.